Welcome to Camp Ararat!
We are a loving, Armenian Christian camp directed by the Armenian Apostolic Church of Canada.
In order for camp to run smoothly and safely for everyone, it is imperative that all campers understand and comply with the following set of rules based on Camp Ararat’s expectations as well as the rental facility’s set guidelines:
1. Each camper/CIT is expected to participate in all activities to the best of his/her ability and always display good sportsmanship and fair play.
2. No camper is to be in a dormitory except at permitted times. No male campers will be in female areas and vice versa, except in common areas. Set curfews are to be strictly obeyed.
3. Modesty in attire suitable to each activity and good manners, appropriate language, and proper behaviour are always expected.
4. All campers/CITs are expected to pay respectful attention to each other, his or her counsellors, CITs, teachers and any other members of the staff at all times.
5. No camper will fight with, taunt or engage in inappropriate behavior toward another camper, leader or staff member.
6. No camper shall be in possession of any item, which could cause harm or embarrassment to him or herself, or to others. Examples of such are: alcohol, smoking or vaping of tobacco or cannabis (medical and recreational), all drugs, knives, firecrackers, matches, lighters, distasteful audio/video/photo/graphics or similar and harmful other materials.
7. No camper/CIT is to leave the campground without the permission by the parent/guardians beforehand to the Camp Director.
8. The destruction, misuse, or abuse of property is not permitted, and any camper found to have dealt with the property of others in such a manner will be, at a minimum, held financially responsible both individually and through his or her family, and may be asked to leave the camp. Entering restricted areas of the campground is forbidden.
9. Camp Ararat does not allow cell phones and any other Internet-compatible devices. If a camper is found with such a device, it will be confiscated and returned at the end of camp.
Any serious violation of these rules will be evaluated on an individual basis. If, after such evaluation by the camp executive and staff, behaviour is found to be inappropriate and inconsistent with the rules above, the camper will be required to leave the camp immediately. Parents will be notified and expected to pick up their child within 24 hours. Otherwise, the camper will be escorted and transported home at the expense of the family.
Solely for the purposes of promoting Camp Ararat and providing communications to our Camp Ararat Families, we allow you to publish our child’s photos on your Camp Ararat Facebook, newsletter, and website accounts.
1.) I, the undersigned, wish to partake in the Low or High Ropes and Climbing Wall, Canoeing, Kayaking, Archery or going on a boat ride. While every precaution is taken to ensure the welfare and protection of each person, I recognize and understand that partaking in these activities (high/low ropes, rock climbing, zip line, archery) (hereinafter called the “Activities”) involves certain risks. Those risks include, but are not limited to, injuries resulting from executing strenuous and demanding physical manoeuvres, the risk of injury resulting from possible malfunction of the equipment used in the activities, injuries from tripping over obstacles on the activities area and falling, including but not limited to falling into other persons, falling, and coming into contact with any walls, structures or ropes or falling to the floor, ground or water. Injuries can be severe or fatal, resulting from myself or my child’s failure to follow instructions and properly us the facilities, climbing walls, ski equipment or other equipment.
2.) Despite these and other risks, and fully understanding such risks, I wish to partake in the Activities and hereby assume the risks of partaking in the Activities. I also hereby hold harmless the “Sponsors” and indemnify them against any or all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees and expenses), damages and liabilities arising out of, connected with, or resulting from my partaking in the Activities, including without limitation, those resulting from the manufacture, selection, delivery, possession, use or operation of such equipment. I hereby release the Sponsors from any and all such liability, and I understand that this release shall be binding upon my estate, my heirs, my representatives and assigns. I hereby certify to the sponsors that I am in good health and do not suffer from a heart condition or other ailment which could be exacerbated by the exertion involved in partaking in the activities.
In consideration of participating in the “Activities”, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CALIMS that I have or may in the future have against the site and Camp Ararat and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Releasees”);
2. TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in any of the Activities due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES;
3. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of, or personal injury to, any third party, resulting from my participation in any of the above Activities; and
4. That this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, in the event of my death.